vCloud Availability 3.0 Deployment Reference Architecture
VMware vCloud Availability 3.0 solution introduces a new and simplified product architecture for replication, disaster recovery and migration capabilities into a single product. With the service you can perform:
- Migration and Disaster Recovery of VMs from on-premise vCenter Server to a vCloud site.
- Migration of vApps and VMs between two Virtual Data Centers that belong to a single vCloud Director Organization.
- Replication and recovery of vApps and VMs between vCloud Director sites.
- With the vCloud Director solution service providers can build secure, multi-tenant private clouds by pooling infrastructure resources into virtual data centers and exposing them to users through Webbased portals and programmatic interfaces as fully automated, catalog-based services.
- For production deployments, You deploy and configure dedicated vCloud Availability Replicator appliance or appliances, it exposes the low-level HBR primitives as REST APIs.
- A management service operating on the vCenter Server level. It understands the vCenter Server level concepts for starting the replication workflow for the virtual machines. It must have TCP access to the Lookup Service and all the vCloud Availability Replicator appliances..
- Provides the main interface for the cloud and on-prem replication operations. It understands the vCloud Director level concepts and works with vApps and virtual machines.
- The embedded vCloud Availability Portal provides tenants (vCloud Availability Portal) and service providers (vCloud Availability Service Provider Portal) with a graphic user interface to facilitate the management of the VMware vCloud Availability solution. It also provides overall system and workload information.
- A single appliance that contains the following services:
- vCloud Availability Replication Manager
- vCloud Availability vApp Replication Manager with embedded vCloud Availability Portal
- The PSC provides common infrastructure services to the vSphere environment. Services include licensing, certificate management, and authentication with VMware vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Simplifies provider networking setup by channeling all incoming and outgoing traffic for a site through a single point - the vCloud Availability Tunnel appliance. The traffic is both management and monitoring for the replication data (LWD traffic).
- You must set an IP and port in the local site that is reachable for remote sites and forward it to the private address of the vCloud Availability Tunnel appliance, port 8048, for example, by using destination network address translation(DNAT).
- vCloud Availability Appliance for Tenants (On-premise Sites), which contains the binaries for the VMware vCloud Availability appliance.